Friday, 14 September 2012

The power given to me....


I'm moved to share a poem I wrote recently, one morning when I realised God really gave me a priceless gift! 

Forgiveness

The power lies within me,
It has been given to me by God-
To seek forgiveness and to forgive others,
Why is it difficult? You see,
I have received this from God-
How do I give it to others?

The emotions raged within me
Day and night, pain resided in me
I thought about it,
I talked about it,
I prayed about it,
I wrote about it…
I waited for it,
I anticipated it,
I created opportunity for it,
But still I did not get it…

Why did I need it?
Why did I crave it?
What power was in it?
What was in this APOLOGY??

Until I remembered the GIFT,
The power God had given me
The ability to forgive, without it
The ability to let go, without it
The ability to move on, without it
The ability to free my life of hurt, without it
The possibility of removing that pain, without it
The absence of the tears, without it

For I realised that without it, I still had the power from God
I still had the ability to forgive, let go, live freely
I was still able to free myself of your poison.
For what power does your apology really have?
Without it, there is power in God to live joyfully!


Ephesians 4:31-32 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you





2 comments:

  1. Funny. Was going to ask if you're still writing. Glad to see you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Thandi, I recently restarted :) I missed it!

      Delete