Here's a picture of the TRAM borrowed from this site, its called the LUAS here and its tracks often cross the roads:
It got me thinking about something I've read in the Bible before; Sinning in ignorance.
How many times have we parked on yellow islands in our lives? But like that Tram driver, God gives us enlightenment and it is key what we do, once we realise that we have sinned. My parking on the yellow Island in ignorance didnt mean that it was allowed to park there; once I was aware, I should then stick to the road rules, now our Christian walk is not as simple as Road rules, but what I find of most comfort is that, it is God who gives enlightenment and forgiveness too!
1 Timothy 1:13-15
New King James Version (NKJV)
13 although I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and an insolent man; but I obtained mercy because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. 14 And the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant, with faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. 15 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.
Hebrews 5:1-3
New King James Version (NKJV)
5 For every high priest taken from among men is appointed for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins. 2 He can have compassion on those who are ignorant and going astray, since he himself is also subject to weakness. 3 Because of this he is required as for the people, so also for himself, to offer sacrifices for sins.
Acts 3:17-19
New King James Version (NKJV)
17 “Yet now, brethren, I know that you did it in ignorance, as did also your rulers. 18 But those things which God foretold by the mouth of all His prophets, that the Christ would suffer, He has thus fulfilled. 19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,
Acts 17:30-31
New King James Version (NKJV)
30 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent,31 because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.”
Let's remember to pray for sins committed in ignorance, because we don't know who we have hurt without realising.

No comments:
Post a Comment