Saturday, 22 September 2012

The joy of my life



I just thought I should write about the joy of my life - my family :-)

Often I find myself focusing on the never ending laundry, toys, tidying up, cooking, dish washing and the list goes on. But today I came home to a clean house after dropping the kids at school, hubby had gone to work, I had no school work to do...and guess what? I missed a bit of noise in the background, I missed being 'disturbed' with an 'important' question every five minutes. I started to look at the time; looking forward to fetching them at school and guess what? They were too tired to do what I had in mind :(

Anyway, I was also thinking about that we really need to treasure these years while they are still young and at home, there will come a time where the time away from home is not just 3hours every weekday but longer!

Again I'll quote Psalm 90:12 because it really is about numbering our days...

Another verse I read today was "Ecclesiastes 3:1, 6 - "For everything there is a season,, A right time to hold on and another to let go..." (MSG version)

I pray that when the time comes for my kids to move out of home, We will have a treasure of good memories and they will have a treasure of lessons from us.


No comments:

Post a Comment