Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Thoughts on letting go of a dream......

I am a dreamer; that is who I am. I think of an idea, visualise it; get excited; communicate it and get disappointed if the receiver isn't as excited :-( that is a weakness I have observed. I have learnt that not everyone dreams the same dreams as I do, not everyone has the same goals as I do; not everyone loves the same things as I do. And that's OK. What happens if this dream can only be realised together with someone else? When you need to get someone else's buy in, get them as excited as you are? I had a picture of my dream being like a dandelion and I was blowing it on a windy day:


As I  was reflecting on this in August, I wrote this poem:


Giving my dream to the wind...


That dream of yesteryear
That comes back each year
That beautiful idea, concept, 
That makes you smile from the heart

What happens when you try and live it?
Why is it hard to live it?
Is it best lived in my heart?
And in my mind?
Does its beauty cease when shared?

    What do I do with the yearning;
     to live and fulfil it?
    For how long does one suppress and concede?
    It seems I have done it again....

....I have put my heart into my dreams,
....I have brought my dreams into reality
....I have exposed my dream to scrutiny

oooh well! 

Written 22082012


No comments:

Post a Comment