I wrote this poem from a spiritual perspective, how there's certain things that really get in the way of my Spiritual walk, and cutting that rope is the only way. Like a hiker who has too much tied on them as they climb higher (that is the picture I had.) When you consider your life, what things would benefit you more after the rope has been cut?
I yearn for a greater height…
You have me looking at my old ways
I’m trying to grow daily
I’m trying to move on
…But the thought of you takes me back
To ways I don’t want to go back to
I had no choice but to let the rope go;
So I can climb higher,
If I held on, we would have both fallen…
…So here I am, climbing higher up,
Closer to the goal
Further from the past
10 November 2012
No comments:
Post a Comment