Tuesday, 8 January 2013

Lessons from a little boy

Today I got to spend the day with someone who without uttering any words - helped me realise how much I take for granted.

I realised that I focus on that which I don't have anymore; and that which I don't have yet...losing sight of that which I have right now.

I.am.constantly.in.a.hurry. I am not sure where my time goes and yet this is my most prized 'possession' I'll be kind to myself and admit that I am much better than I have been in the past; but I still think my life could be simpler, more relaxed and yet more meaningful.

This little boy only spent a day with me; his mom is in hospital, fighting for her life. He was very cheerful and easy to spend time with; and when the day was over I took him back to his temporary home. As I walked away from there; he cried for me and it broke my heart; but I could smile at the thought that in my view, he made the most of the one day we spent together...I walked away with lessons, with patience, gratefulness, a joyful heart, a childlike trust in God and thanking God for calling ME to serve in this situation.

I learnt all this from  observing this young boy, whose life has just changed and we pray he is reunited to his mummy and life gets better for them!

If that was me on that hospital bed...what would I regret spending my time on?? why am I still spending time on it!

I pray that God can continue to give him a joyful spirit and continue to heal his mum.


No comments:

Post a Comment