Thursday, 17 May 2012

I wonder

I've been thinking about death; loss of loved ones and the possibility that my loved ones will also one day lose me. I often hear people speak about getting their affairs in order, to prepare for this, save enough money for your children, have trust funds, the list is endless, the religious say, make sure you're right with God before that happens...

I've been thinking about Job, with  all the calamity that he faced, he sometimes questioned God, sometimes wanted to quit..In my musings about the final destination on earth, I read Job Chapter 14 vs 1-5:
1
Mortals, born of woman, 
    are of few days and full of trouble. 

They spring up like flowers and wither away; 
    like fleeting shadows, they do not endure. 

Do you fix your eye on them? 
    Will you bring them[a] before you for judgment? 

Who can bring what is pure from the impure? 
    No one! 

A person’s days are determined; 
    you have decreed the number of his months 
    and have set limits he cannot exceed.

Verse one and two describe the frailty of our lives, "they do not endure", the last verse...God knows our days and we cannot add any more hours or minutes to it. 

If I have no control whatsoever on my living, why is it that I am so convinced that I am "in charge" of my life, how am I so in charge of planning a schedule whose end I do not know?

This thought humbled me, and as I lay down to bed tonight I do not know if I will see tomorrow and all the things I have planned to do will come to fruition...

...I wonder, what if i did it all in reverse order, speak to God first, hear His plan, sit on the passenger seat, and let HIM drive this life, He knows the destination and how much more fuel we have?

I will share a song in my next post..for all those I will come across, this is my prayer...


No comments:

Post a Comment