Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Shy?

I've heard this said a couple of times this month and wondering if its a message to share. I was introduced to a group of ladies and one eagerly said 'tell us ALL about you!' I found that a bit daunting and said ' well i'm a bit shy, will share with time, as i get accustomed to you.' Someone else said how, she's done being shy, she was shy all her life and now she's done...she's catching up.

She said she realised that there was absolutely no value for her in retrospect.

I have been thinking and feeling the same way lately, that there's a reason I have a brain and an opinion...it adds value to conversations and interactions. I am not ALWAYS shy, but it is the curtain I hide behind at times.

So this is new developement for me...I've told myself to find five great (not good) reasons or benefits, of shyness by a certain time, or that word and mindset is going out the window. Life is just simpler when I'm upfront. I think I adopted 'shyness' as a gender and culturally acceptable characteristic.

There's gotta be a reason God designed us to see things our own way, He didnt intend for us to blend into the background...

No comments:

Post a Comment